FACIAL DERMAL FILLER
FIGHT SIGNS OF FACIAL AGING
Reveal a younger-looking you! Are your wrinkles giving away your age? Women and men in South Florida area are increasingly seeing Alexander Tirado, PA-C for natural, subtle, beautiful but believable results with dermal fillers.
It’s important to realize that wrinkles themselves are invisible to the human eye. What you see is the shadow created by the uneven contours of the skin caused by the underlying wrinkle. The key to a youthful face is to minimize these shadows and to smooth transitions on the face.
THE BENEFITS OF DERMAL FILLERS
Dermal fillers are generally used for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, and for adding volume and fullness to skin beginning to suffer from volume loss. These treatments can be extraordinarily natural-looking. Most men and women don’t necessarily want to look as if they have had work done, so strategic dermal filler placement is ideal for someone who just wants to soften their lines and take a few years off their face.
THE BENEFIT OF NO DOWNTIME
One of the main draws for dermal filler treatments is that they require no recovery time. The actual procedure can be done in as little as ten minutes, depending on how many areas are to be treated, and the patient is then free to resume their daily activities and go back to work immediately. In today’s busy world, especially in the fast-paced, this is a major benefit. Dermal fillers are the very definition of a “lunchtime facelift,” and as such have been steadily rising in popularity over the years.
The potential side effects of dermal fillers when administered professionally are very minimal, just redness or swelling around the injection site. If this happens, it usually disappears within a few hours or a day, and can be covered easily with makeup. Bruising is another potential side effect, but these can generally be avoided by following our instructions before coming in for your appointment.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT DERMAL FILLER
As there are so many dermal fillers available, it is essential to have a consultation beforehand in order to determine which one is best for your needs. PA Alexander will consider what exactly your concerns are and what your ultimate goal is before recommending a customized dermal filler treatment plan for you. If you are interested in a more complete facial refresher, he may recommend other treatments to combine with the filler in order to get you the results you want.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR FILLER OPTIONS
There are many fillers to choose from, and sometimes it can be difficult to determine which filler is right for you. Here are a few tips to point you in the right direction. At Alexander Medical Spa we offer all the latest FDA-approved dermal fillers and is always adding newer fillers to the practice as they are approved.
- Juvéderm Ultra/UltraPlus – The most popular hyaluronic acid based filler. Ideal for treating nasolabial folds, marionette lines and downturned corners of the mouth.
- Juvéderm Voluma – Restores volume to mid-face and cheeks lifting the face and restoring a youthful profile. Also used in the temples, chin, jawline, and prejowl.
- Juvéderm Volbella – Soft filler for the lips and perioral lines. Hydrates the lips. Natural looking results.
- Restylane – Similar to Juvederm, it softens lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane Lyft – Adds lift and volume to cheeks. Also used to improve chin projection and definition. Now FDA approved for treating your hands.
- Restylane Silk – A super smooth hyaluronic acid filler that plumps and defines lips. Restylane Silk also used to treat vertical lip lines and to correct minor lip asymmetries.
- Restylane Defyne – A long-lasting solution for deep lines and folds, that allows natural facial expression.
- Restylane Refyne – Serious defense against laugh lines. This special hyaluronic acid filler flexes with skin.
- Revanesse® Versa – A multi-purpose dermal filler that leverages state of the art production methods, optimal ingredients and rigorous quality testing to provide remarkable results.
- Microcannula – The technique to minimize discomfort and bruising from cosmetic injectables.
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS FROM FILLERS LAST?
Of course, it is important to remember that every patient’s body is different, and every patient can respond differently to the fillers based on such factors as diet, exercise, baseline metabolism, sun-exposure, and smoking. In general, we recommend maintenance treatments so that the results never completely return to baseline.
We also recommend that all patients start an at-home skincare regimen to maintain their results. This regimen usually includes a combination of antioxidants, sunscreen, moisturizers, and retinol. View our skin care products for multiple medical-grade options.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE?
A treatment normally takes about 30 minutes, although time may vary depending upon the area being treated.
HOW SOON WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Every dermal filler works different however, results are seen immediately and are long-lasting as the hyaluronic acid components of each product works with your body to produce your skin’s own new collagen.
ARE THERE ANY POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS?
Side effects may include slight bruising, redness or swelling at the injection site. In rare cases nodules may form under the skin.
WHAT AREAS ON THE FACE ARE FILLERS USED TO TREAT?
Alexander Tirado, PA-C, is board certified in aesthetics. He uses advanced injection techniques based on years of training and experience and may inject areas on the face not typically injected by the amateur or untrained injector. Here is a list of areas he may address with fillers:
- Lips and perioral lines (lipstick lines, upper lip lines) – add volume to lips, hydrate lips, soften lines
- Corners of mouth – reverse the downturn of the corners of the mouth seen with aging
- Marionette lines – Soften the shadows below the corners of the mouth
- Nasolabial folds – fill in smile lines
- Cheeks/Midface – restore volume to the cheeks, lift the face, and emphasize the cheek bones
- Jawline – sharpen the jawline and minimize the appear the jowls
- Prejowl – treat the area of volume loss just in front of the jowl but to the side of the chin
- Temples – treat the scalloped appearance of the upper face due to volume loss in this area
- Under-eyes – improve dark circle and camouflage under eye puffiness
- Frown lines – used in combination with Botulinum Toxin (Botox, Xeomin or Dysport
- Forehead lines – for deep lines on the forehead which Botulinum itself cannot completely treat
- Neck lines – filler in “necklace lines” on the neck